Bake your first real sourdough bread with coaching from an expert sourdough bread baker. Baking classes in your own home.
Tired of baking bricks when everyone else is baking super gorgeous bread with a holey crumb and crispy crust? Change all of that by enrolling in “Sourdough Baking 101.”
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 16 Articles
- 5 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
What Will I Learn?
- Bake a loaf of real sourdough bread and amaze your family and friends.
- Know what an autolyse is and why it is used in bread baking.
- How to mix and fold dough a gentle method of developing gluten which does not entail kneading.
- Have an easy method of baking with steam in your own home oven.
- Know how to shape a boule (round loaf) and a batard (long oval loaf).
- How to handle sticky, wet dough.
- Why a long cool ferment is beneficial as a baking technique.
- See how to clean, store and use a banneton.
- What to use if you don’t have a banneton and what a banneton is used for.
- How to make your own sourdough starter, step by step.
- What hydration means in baking terms.
- You will see how to bake, slice and eat a freshly baked slice of bread ( you will need help with this skill) 😉
- Understand baker’s lingo, learn some bread history, understand how to measure ingredients.
- Bring your passion for learning! A kitchen scale is necessary as well as other basic baking equipment, like a baking stone, a roasting pan lid, a sharp scoring blade, water spray bottle and other assorted items found in the home kitchen.
- Basic kitchen skills are necessary.
- A desire to bake and eat real sourdough bread.
- Jump in, the ingredient and equipment list isn’t that long and is available in the course.